Monday, September 12, 2011

Charlie's graduation


My husband graduated!  What an accomplishment.



 { mother and son }
 the boys are laughing, like always!
 graduation dinner at CPK

 Charlie with his Aunt Reba

 Charlie's graduation ceremonies were wonderful. My favorite part was a moment when a speaker asked the graduates to stand if they served a mission, knew a second language, were married, graduating with honors, graduating with a masters degree, graduating with a doctorate, etc.  
Each time the speaker asked a question fewer and fewer people stood up.  
Then the last question to the graduates was if they had entered the highest degree in college, 
parenthood.  
My husband stood proudly and I smiled at him.
Tears rolled down my face and hit the floor fast as I realized what we had done.
We had a child in college.  We entered parenthood in college.
Perhaps parenthood wouldn't be presented as the highest degree in college at any other university besides BYU, but I am grateful it was acknowledged.
Parenthood is hard, in or out of college.
But, parenthood is extremely rewarding, in or out of college.
Knowing that my father finished his undergraduate degree from BYU with a wife and three toddlers is enough motivation to know that any thing is possible with children.  
It's great what you can take from a graduation ceremony!  I am so grateful for my husband and his strong love for education.  I know he will do great things with what he has learned.

3 comments:

mommacitabonita said...

Love all the pictures! Congratulations Charlie!! It's amazing how time flies when you're working hard. Missed being there!!

Leanna said...

Chulina!!! You are such a cute wifey! Amen to parenthood being hard but rewarding. And we only have one kid. How did mom and dad survive school and all those kids?

Lacey Voris said...

Yay! Congrats Charlie! Miss you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...